Housing Disrepair Claims

You could be owed £1,000s in compensation, plus legally force your landlord to repair your property!

What Types of Disrepair Can You Claim For?

Landlords are legally responsible to ensure your council house is fit for purpose and meets certain standards. If your home is suffering one or more of these complaints you may be eligible to make a claim.

Severe Damp & Mould

Damaged Windows & Doors

Leaks & Water Damage

Flooding / Flood Damage

Pest Infection


No Win, No Fee |  UK-Based Team

Can You Make A Claim?

Severe Damp & Mould Damaged Windows & Doors Leaks & Water Damage Flooding / Flood Damage Pest Infestation Faulty Electrics, Plumbing or Heating

Case Study

Successful Housing Disrepair Claim - £5,000

A tenant in a council-owned, two-bedroom flat reported a kitchen leak in 2000, which weakened the floorboards.
These eventually broke in 2015, causing the tenant to fall into a void and further damage the flooring.
The landlord’s initial response was inadequate, merely placing a loose chipboard over the holes without proper installation.
A surveyor suggested replacing the damaged floorboards and insulation, installing new chipboard flooring, and finishing with polysafe vinyl covering and a new sink cupboard.
Following negotiations, the landlord agreed to complete these repairs within 90 days and awarded the tenant £5,000 in compensation for the incident and subsequent inconvenience.

Please Note: You do not need to use a claims management company or solicitor to make your complaint about your property. You can complain to your landlord or housing association directly, and if your complaint is not successful you can refer it to the Housing Ombudsman for free if it falls under their remit.

Copyright © 2024 Baker & Coleman Solicitors
Baker & Coleman Solicitors is a company registered in England & Wales under Company Number: 09366158.
Baker & Coleman Solicitors is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under SRA Number. 619778.
Registered with the Information Commissioners Office. Reg No: ZA095519.
Registered Address: St. Johns Court, Ainsworth Street, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 6AR